To Get More Delicious Vegan Recipes, Visit BIO . . Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup…
🥑🍅 To Get More Delicious Vegan Recipes, Visit BIO plant_basedrecipe
Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup 🥣
🌱 It’s so creamy, velvety and luxurious, with lots of mushroom chunks!
1/2 cup raw cashews
1/4 cup olive oil
1 sweet onion finely chopped
3 cloves garlic finely chopped
1 1/2 lb cremini mushrooms sliced
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups vegetable broth
6 sprigs thyme tied with twine
2 bay leaves
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tbsp miso white or red
1. In a small bowl and the cashews and pour in boiling water to soak. Set aside.
2. In a large pot, add the olive oil, onion and garlic and bring to medium-high heat. Cook, stirring often until the onions have softened, about 7 minutes).
3. Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, then sprinkle in the flour and mix together. Cook for 2 minutes, then pour in 1/2 cup of the vegetable broth and bring to a low simmer. Toss in the thyme, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Simmer the soup for 5 minutes, then pour in the remaining broth. Cover and let the soup simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, make the cashew cream: strain the cashews and add to a high-speed blender with the miso and 3/4 cup of fresh water. Blend until smooth and creamy.
5. Turn the heat to low and pour the cashew cream into the soup. Stir everything to combine. Scoop out the thyme and bay leaf and serve.