Salt & vinegar roast Hasselbeck potatoes..! Crispy crunchy ridges and fluffy interior with vinegar notes – these are to die for. By laurafordnutrition
1.5 kg(3lbs)potatoes, peeled.
2 cups white vinegar /any vinegar you like.
2 cups water.
Olive oil (or) 50gm vegan butter.
1/4 cup roasted onion flavor olive oil.
5 springs thyme.
1/4 tsp salt & pepper you can make your own onion
Infused evoo (or) improvise with plain olive oil + onion powder.
1. Slice the potatoes into even sized rounds about 1-2cm thick. Try to keep the width similar to prevent and burning whilst they are baking.
2. Place the potatoes in a pot and add the 1/4 tsp salt, vinegar and water. Let the potatoes sit in the vinegared water for 1hour. After an hour, place the pot on the stove and cook the potatoes in the vinegar water for 10-12 min until the potatoes have just started to soften and are cooked.
3. Once the potatoes are cooked, drain the water and allow the potatoes to cool slightly until they’re able to be handled and hasselbacked.
4. Preheat the oven to 200°c (400°F) while you prepare the potatoes.
5. To hasselback tge potatoes, place the potatoes with tge flat side down on a board and make even about 10-15 cuts per potatoes.
Ensure each cut goes at least halfway through the potato so you get lost of crispy edged exposure. However, don’t cut all the way through as you want the slices to all stay together on the potato.
6. Place the vegan butter (or) olive oil and roasted onion olive oil on a large banking tray and place in the oven until the butter has melted. Rub the hasselback side of the potato into the oil so that cuts are facing up abd each potato is touching the tray but with enough space in between so they are not sitting on top of each other.
7. Cook for 25-30 minutes, after this time, the bottoms should be golden brown. Flip and cook for further 10-15 minutes so that all sides are golden brown.
Enjoy with your family.
For more mouth watering vegan posts plant_basedrecipe